Sunday, June 1, 2008

Peonies and Power Toys

What a great weekend we have had. My husband has been traveling extensively for the last 4 months and we rarely spent an entire weekend together as a family. I feel so blessed that the last 2 weekends have been spent at home doing nothing but being a family!

My brother in law stopped by on Saturday night and ended up spending the night. We always love spending time with him and his family. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is always ready to go on some kind of adventure. He and my husband worked on his son's 4 wheeler for quite a while and finally got it running. It's a kid size 4 wheeler so our kids were so excited to see it. The brakes weren't working and there was something else wrong with it. In the end they were able to get it running and now it works great! I still chuckle when I think about my brother in law running behind the 4 wheeler as my daughter is riding it (without brakes...I know, I know) and he is holding the kill line just in case she wants to stop. It was pretty comical to watch and we now know that running it into our lawn lights does not help in stopping it! :)

I want to say congratulations to our friends Mark and Desiree on the birth of their beautiful baby boy. He was a little bit early, but we are so glad that he is finally here!

Finally, I wanted to show a few pictures of our amazing peonies! They were a house warming gift from my mom and they are growing wonderfully.

0 comments: