Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Interviews, Operations, and NASA...Oh My!

Today was such an interesting day in so many ways! I started off the day with a job interview at the school that my daughter attends. The interview went very well and I was actually offered the job. I would be teaching a science class and an algebra class in the secondary building. I have not yet decided whether or not to take it. There are many uncertain things going on in our lives right now and we are not entirely sure where we will be living next year. I will not be able to give them a definite yes or no for a little while. We'll see what God has in store. It sounds like it would be a great job since I would be working hours when both of my kids would be in school. There would be a few kinks to iron out, so we'll wait and see.


My friend watched my kiddos while I was at the interview, and when I came to pick them up they were having such a great time playing that old game "Operation". I used to love playing that game when I was little! My son was particularly funny to watch (or maybe I should say painful to watch) as the buzzer did not seem to affect him whatsoever. He would just keep digging away, buzzer ringing and all, until he got that piece out! I would just cringe every time he would go back for another piece. It was pretty funny.

Later, we were able to go and do something that I am sure we will never be able to do again in our lifetime. NASA is using the sand dunes here where we live to do experiments for a future moon project. They are letting all the local people come out and watch as they do their pretend experiments. We were able to see the astronauts as well as their moon vehicles. It was really cool! At the end, the scientists came out and answered questions and the kids were able to shake the astronauts hands. We were also able to view a couple more space vehicles. One was called the Scarab. It will be going to the South Pole on the moon to drill for water. Supposedly there is a possibility that it is there.

We finished off the day by signing my daughter up for soccer in the Fall. She is pretty excited about playing. She has soccer camp next week as well as one in August. I can't wait for her to dive in and have fun!

0 comments: