Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2nd Grade...Here She Comes!

I am seriously taken back by the reality that I officially have a daughter who is now a second grader! WOW! When we moved here she was in preschool and now look at her..all grown up. I told her the other day that she was going to be in big trouble if she kept growing up. I guess she didn't really believe me.
She had a cute little music performance at the end of her last day and then it was off to her favorite restaurant Shari's for a celebration lunch with Daddy, Brother and Mom. I gave her the choice of any restaurant she wanted to go to and she narrowed it down to a Chinese buffet restaurant and Shari's! How funny that those were her top two picks. Anyway, she slurped down a strawberry milkshake and had some criss cross cut fries and she was completely happy.
We finished off the afternoon with a trip to the public library and the kids had a ball choosing their books for the week. I took my son there last week and he got his very own library card, which made his sister fairly envious. So, we had to go and get her her very own library card as well. I like the fact that they think a library card is so cool. This summer I am going to try really hard to make it a weekly thing for us to go there. Both of the kiddos love books and I am trying to learn a few new trades myself (crafts... kind of a scary thought when you know that I am not very crafty!). I have been considering taking on sewing simple things like curtains and pillows for the kids rooms. I am sure that I will have some pretty comical stories for the blog when I start that adventure.
Here is a short video of one of the songs that the kids sang. You should hear the vibrato when she sings! It's so beautiful and cute at the same time.

0 comments: