OK, so my husband is the type of guy who is not afraid to try almost anything. It has been said quite often, by both sides of our family, that there really isn't too much that he can't do. He may not do all of it well, but he sure isn't afraid to give it a shot. And, surprisingly enough, the outcome, most of the time, is actually pretty decent. Here is an example...(this would be the first of the comical "crafting" stories that I warned you about in an earlier post). Last night I promised my daughter that we would finally try to conquer the first sewing project, which happened to be a little book bag made out of a pillow case. So, I asked my husband to please get the sewing machine out from behind the couch in our bedroom. He says " Sure" and then disappears into the bedroom while I finished the dinner dishes. Then, about 15 minutes later I realize that he has not yet come out of the bedroom. So I am thinking... A) He has fallen asleep - which wouldn't surprise me, B) I didn't hear him come out of the room, or C) He is up to something and I am sure it involves the sewing machine. Hoping that it wasn't "C" I entered the room to find him in the following mode...
Monday, June 9, 2008
He's "Sew" fine!
He was actually sewing little pillows from some scraps of material that he found. I was pretty impressed! My kids were completely impressed! So, I helped him wind a bobbin and then put the kids to bed. When I returned he was still sitting at the machine with this sheepish look on his face. When I asked what was wrong, he told me that he couldn't get the bobbin "thing" to go back into the machine. I took a quick look and decided "OK, normally I would think that it was probably broken, but I am married to McGyver and he can fix anything, right?" He did and all was well. However, the story doesn't end there. The kids and I get home today from horse riding lessons and find him sitting at the sewing machine...get ready for this.... hemming his pants! Seriously!! Can you stand it! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (or both)! He has a pair of pants that he decided to take care of and he did a pretty good job. You know, that's one of the reasons why I married this wonderful guy (not because he can sew). He is so fun to be around because there is always an adventure waiting. We have our story books full of hilarious stories that we love to relive with each other. Someday I will post a few of them. Some of you know the major ones and will be shaking your heads in agreement and probably laughing at this point!
Well, one last item for the day, my daughter had her second riding lesson today and learned how to groom her horse. I think that that is an excellent thing to learn, but I have to admit that it makes me a little bit nervous still. I know that I am just not used to taking care of large animals yet, but the whole kicking and rearing thing is a bit scary for me. One of the horses did that today when his cinch(sp?) was tightened and it kinda freaked us all out! Thank goodness my daughter did not see it or I think she may have been a little bit afraid to ride today. She is doing so well and loves being on that horse (new cowboy boots and all).

Posted by Mama Ohs at 9:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Wow...just think of all the things you could have Dan make for you! lol...too cute!
I love the pic of Renee with her horse..so sweet. Hey, where's the pic of her sporting those cowgirl boots?
Post a Comment