Oh My Goodness....It is so hot here! This will be my 3rd summer that we have lived here and I am still trying to get used to the heat when it hits. Today was well into the 100's and I felt like everything was melting. I am such a wuss! It didn't even seem to effect the kids in the least bit. The only time they were slightly annoyed was when we got into the van and the AC was taking a while to make it feel cool. Whew! Makes me thankful for AC!!!!
Well, I haven't posted for a couple days because I have been trying to play catch up from the past 2 weeks. I had a small mountain of laundry that needed folding and many other misc household items that really needed tending to. We got up early Saturday and did the whole garage sale thing once again. We didn't find any screamin deals like last weekend, but we were able to return the welder that my husband bought last weekend. Turns out it didn't work and the people gladly refunded our money. Yeah! After garage sailing, we spent the next 5 hours at my daughters end of the session horse show. She did an excellent job and we were very proud of her. It almost makes me want to get up there and try riding again. I am one of those adults who had a bad experience on a horse when I was little and just can't seem to get past it. It wouldn't be so bad, except I actually got bucked off of an old trail riding horse at church camp. You know the kind of horse that you don't even need to know how to use the reins, he just follows the horse ahead of him. The kind of horse that should be named glue stick because he is so old. Yeah, I got bucked off of one of those. All right, you can stop laughing now! Maybe someday I will get up the courage to get back in the saddle again.
Sunday, three out of the four of us woke up sick. I am thinking it was something we ate the previous day, but who knows. I started to feel sick at the horse show and was pretty ill by that evening. My husband and son were battling it for most of the day today. We decided to take a break from being cooped up and went to Walle, one of the new movies out. It was pretty cute, but I would suggest waiting for the rental to come out. The only reason we decided to go, was that my son has been anticipating this movie since he saw the preview a number of months ago. He was so excited that he didn't even sit back in his chair during the entire movie. He just sat on the front of his chair do a little bounce up and down, while munching again on his popcorn. Every once in a while we would stop to get a drink, but then it was back to the excited bounce.
At the end of the day we had some dear friends stop by for a couple of hours and it was really good to spend some time with them. We were once again blessed by friends!
Thankfully this upcoming week will be much less hectic than the previous two. The kids and I will be leaving next week for a 2 week stay in MT. I am so looking forward to being home with my parents. My kiddos love them dearly as well, so I am sure it will be a good time.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
It's Way Too Hot!
Posted by Mama Ohs at 11:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I was laughing so hard about the "glue stick" horse...I laughed even harder when you said "you can stop laughing..." Too funny!
Post a Comment