Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First Day of Summer Vacation

WoooHooo! Summer vacation is finally here for both of my kids. We slept in a little bit this morning and then had a very relaxing day of just doing whatever we wanted to do. We started the day off by going to the dentist (for mom)and then going to get doughnuts for breakfast. Nutrition at it's finest. Then, my friends kids came over for a little bit and my daughter did her little babysitting thing. I can't believe that my daughter is helping with babysitting. When did I transition from having a babysitter for my kids to my kids babysitting??? Life moves much to fast sometimes.
She spent a good part of today learning how to make these little puzzle cubes. Does anyone remember these from your early school days? We used to make them all the time! I am not sure what they are called, but they are definitely a blast from the past. Anyways, when I showed her that coloring them was alright, she took off with that idea and made a colorful one for everyone. We even had to take a walk to her little friends house, just to hand deliver one of them to her as a gift. What a cutie!
I am so blessed to have such awesome kids!

0 comments: