Thursday, June 5, 2008

Bikes, Bugs and Blogs

Today was the day that my daughter has been waiting for since the garage sale. She sold her bike and then had a week of chores and other things to do in order to earn her new bike. She used the money that she got for her old bike and then mom and dad put a few (ha ha) extra bucks towards the purchase. The guy who helped us get the bike off of the rack said that it would be waiting for us at check out stand #16. The whole hour that we were in Walmart, she kept reminding me not to forget that it was at checkout stand #16. We will never look at check out stand #16 the same again. I'm sure it had some kind of heavenly glow with the hallelujah chorus playing when we were finally ready to check out. She was by far the proudest little girl in Walmart at the moment.
We followed up that trip by stopping at Staples to look for some cheap software for me to try and design my own backgrounds for the blog. I am really trying to learn something new concerning blogging every day, and I am actually doing pretty well. I am slowly learning to connect the dots with all the information on how a background works. The guy at Staples was actually very helpful, but I am afraid that we do not have the $700 for photoshop. WOW! I am a little bit curious how amazing photoshop must be. I am thinking that for that price it should probably cook me breakfast and possibly mow the lawn at least once a week. LOL! I am still trying to figure out what program will be the easiest for me to work with and then I think it will be fun to try and make some different background stuff. We'll see.
As far as the bugs go, my kids are pretty sure that the house is infested with spiders. Every time they see a bug or what might be a bug, they yell "Spider!". I was actually in the middle of a shower this morning and my son comes running into the bathroom yelling"Spider, Spider, There's a spider in ____'s room!". I could not clearly hear him because of the shower water and thought he was yelling "Fire, Fire, There's a fire in ____'s room!" It was at that moment that I had to decide whether or not to rinse the shampoo out of my hair and THEN run to save the kids and the house from burning down, or just go as is and hope that nobody sees me running through the house in such a state. I yelled back at him..."There's a fire in ____'s room?". It took him a moment to process what I was saying, and I anxiously awaited his answer. He finally said, "No mom, a spider!" much to my relief. However, it does seem like we have killed a few too many of them in here lately, so I am going to have the house sprayed. Any suggestions for who to call?
I will post pictures of the new bike tomorrow since it is still in the back of the van. My daughter still has until Sunday before she is allowed to ride it. Just a few more days of chores and whatnot's to endure then it's time to ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kyla,
We used Bishop Spray Service for spiders and have not seen a spider or web since. (766-2847)
Enjoy your Saturday.

Mama Ohs said...

Thanks Caryn!