I am so thankful for the friends that my daughter has. It has always been my prayer that she find good friendships with kids that are kind and make good choices. It has been quite a while since she was able to spend time with one of her best friends. Last night she spent the night and it was so good to see my daughter so full of pure little girl happiness! The house was filled with little girl giggles and full on belly laughs from those two. I am sitting here just smiling as I am thinking about it and writing it out. How fun to have uninhibited joy!
Those of you who know my son, know that he is like clockwork when it comes to his bedtime. When 9:00pm hits he is literally asking if he can go to bed now. Last night, with the two girls here, he tried desperately to stay awake with them. I kept asking him if he wanted to go to bed and he would say no, and then return to his zombie like "I am going to stay awake stare". I finally put him to bed and he was out the minute his head hit the pillow.
Little did I know that the night was still young......Just as I was putting the girls to bed, my daughter gets a bloody nose. This is a fairly common thing for us, so it was no big deal. Then, at approximately 3:30am, my daughter comes into my room and tells me that her friend has a bloody nose. I jumped out of bed and went into the room to find her little friend covered with blood! It was quite the sight. I felt so bad for her because she just stood there with a very confused look on her face. So, we c
leaned her up, took all the sheets and blankets off of both beds, and then put then both back to bed. I spent the next hour cleaning the blood out of the bedding items and putting them in the wash. THEN, about a half an hour later, my daughter comes back into my room and tells me that she has a bloody nose again! Seriously?!! How many of theses things are we going to go through tonight? So, thankfully, she did not get any on the bed and I took care of her and put her back to bed. It was now about 5:15 am and I was beat! My husband gets up at 5:45 so I had a good 15 minutes of sleep before that whole commotion took place. Well, I woke up at 7:30 to the wonderful sound of little girl giggles and I couldn't help but smile once again. Even though I feel very sleep deprived today I am content because I know how happy my daughter is.
Tonight we have the other best friend spending the night. Hopefully it won't be a repeat of the noses!


1 comments:
they must be blood sisters...at least they look like sisters!!
Post a Comment