I am lovin summer! I can't believe that August is already here and the summer is slowly coming to an end. It has been a very mild summer and that is the way I like it. Heat makes me cranky, and when mama ain't happy.. well, you know the rest.
One of the best things about living here is the fresh fruit and vegetables that are in abundance when harvest time comes. We found a lady selling corn from the back of her little El Camino a couple of days ago and we bought 10 ears of corn for $2.00! How awesome was that! We cooked it up that night and my kids thought it was so yummy that they were begging, yes begging, for seconds and thirds! When have they ever asked for seconds on vegetables? (When have they ever even asked for vegetables?) So, late Saturday afternoon we stopped by her truck again and my husband bought 20 more ears of corn for $4.00. By 7:00 pm Sunday we were already down to only 10 left. My kids were so cute as they were mowing down their corn on the cob.
One final note...as my husband was reading through all the postings since the beginning of July, he said to me, "How come you have so many hits on the view counter, but nobody leaves comments?" . So, I sadly agreed that the comments are few and far between. If you are visiting please leave a little note, or something. I would love to know who really is reading. Maybe all the hits have been search engines. OK, that's depressing, thinking about that!





2 comments:
I would love to leave a comment! Those pics of eating the corn are priceless! I love your idea of the journal. I started one when Malachi was first talking but then I lost track of the time and haven't written in it since! I think you have inspired me to start up again. Thanks! Talk to you soon!
Autumn
Thanks Autumn! I miss you!
Post a Comment