Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Family Time

The longer we live away from family, the more I realize how really important it is to keep in close contact with them. The older I get, the more I realize what a precious gift they are!


Take for instance Grandma Sylvia. She is 95 years old and truly an amazing lady. I once heard it said that she prays for each and every grandchild every day. She now has many grand kids and great grand kids that are covered in prayer and I must say, it is a great comfort to know that she prays for my husband and my kiddos. She still plants a garden every year and is as sharp as a tack. I hope that if I make it 95 years old that I am as sharp as she is. She has this wonderful smile that really tells you how genuine her heart is and when you are around her you can actually see the joy of the Lord coming from her. It is a privilege to know her and I love getting to know her better.

My parents are amazing people as well. I love being around them because I know that they love me and my family unconditionally. We are continually blessed by them. I love that they thoroughly love my kiddos. As we were waiting for the wedding rehearsal to begin, my dad and son were finding berries in the bushes at the park. My son decided to make a family out of the ones that he found. There was a dad, mom, girl, boy,doggy and a baby. (He like to littlest berries, so there had to be a baby). Well anyways, I thought it was pretty funny because he called them his berry family. My maiden name was Berry so I thought I might take a picture of the berries and the Berry's.

The berries
The Berry's

0 comments: