Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Congratulations Eric and Marty!




We spent this last weekend in Pony, MT (what? you've never heard of Pony?) celebrating the marriage of my husband's cousin and reconnecting with family. We had many late nights and a ton of laughs. It was fun to meet all of the people that my husband grew up with and many friends that he had not seen in a very long time. Our kiddos had a blast playing with cousins and my daughter's new favorite thing to do is play on the round hay bales. I think all the kids played on top of the bales for a couple of hours and were still really bummed when we told them we had to go home.

The wedding was held in the park at Pony and everything went very well. The groomsmen looked great and the flower girls were princesses!




We had a great time dancing the night away at the reception. I kept thinking about how fun it is to be at a wedding reception where everyone is just plain having fun. It reminds you that most of us take life way to seriously. Sometimes it's good to be goofy! I don't know if it's just our group of friends or not, but it seems like every time we go to a wedding of our friends or family, the reception ends up being a really great time. OK, so on the corny side of that thought, I want to say that I think that "Dancing Queen" by Abba is one of the best wedding reception songs! I have this great memory of my friend Tanya at her reception dancing to that song in the middle of a circle of her closest friends and every time I think of it, it makes me smile. THAT was a good time.
I also love dancing to YMCA, almost all 80's songs and anything that I can jitterbug with my husband to. He is a great jitterbugger (is that even a word?)!
Speaking of dancing, here are a couple of pictures of the kids and the dollar dance.




So, what is your favorite wedding reception song?

1 comments:

Korbi said...

A girl sang a Celine Dion song at Kortni's wedding. It was her and Brandon's song, I wish I could remember the name of it... I was only 14, so i can't remember it, dang it...