Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Miss My Little Girl

Last Sunday I sent my daughter to MT with my mom. They have this really special little bond and I love the fact that she gets to spend quality time with both my mom and dad this week, but I have to say....I really miss her! Everything that we do seems just a little bit weird without her. I miss her wonderful smile, her gentle spirit and her little brother has kind of been lost without her. He's been like my shadow ever since she left. He is always asking me if we can call her, but when he gets her on the phone he just wants to say "hi" and "what are you doing" and then he says "wanna talk to mom?". We will be driving to MT tomorrow for a wedding and we will be picking her up on Friday. I can't wait to give her a big old momma bear hug and see that beautiful angel face again. I was planning on letting my son stay with my mom and dad for the next week and then they would be bringing him home when they come to visit during Labor Day weekend, but I am not sure that he will be alright with that. He's still pretty young to be gone that long, but we'll see.
On another random note, has anyone read "The Shack" by William Young? I have been reading it bit by bit over the past 3 weeks and I have to tell you, it's really rocked my world. I know that it is just fiction and someones interpretation of scripture, but it has really made me take a good hard look at how I view God. It is a great book and I highly recommend it, but I don't necessarily agree with all that is said in it. If you are reading it, or have read it, leave a comment and let me know what you thought. I am about 4 chapters away from finishing it.

0 comments: