Is it really the end of August? Where has the summer gone? I am a little bit sad that it is slowly ( maybe I should say quickly) coming to an end, and yet in a weird way I am excited to get back into a routine again. It has been absolutely wonderful having so much time with my kiddos these past 3 months. I have been blessed by them again and again and again. They play so well together and those expected sibling arguments are at a minimum. Life is good!
Last week I had a wonderful surprise. My mom drove all the way out here from MT and spent 5 days with us helping me get the inside of the house ready to sell. We had a great time and the inside of the house if ready to put on the market. We rented a storage unit and filled it up pretty good with all the extras. It was a a lot of work, and I am extremely grateful for her help. My mom has the gift of service. She delights in lending a helping hand, especially to her loved ones. I can't tell you how many times this last week that the tears started flowing because I was so thankful for her and her help. I love her so much!! I am even crying tears of joy as I write this, because my cup runeth over with love for her. Thanks, Mom, for who you are and for your unconditional love. I love you!
OK, so the last time I posted, my daughter was starting a soccer camp. That week is long since past, but the memories are still very fresh. She had an excellent week. She learned so much, and the biggest lesson that she learned was how to be a little bit tougher when she doesn't feel very good. She was hit in the head, stomach, hands, legs and many other places by the soccer ball, and didn't cry while out on the field. I was really proud of her. She cried pretty good that night because she was so tired, and she really did hurt her hand, but over all she was a trooper. They had the girls mixed in with the boys as they scrimmaged and the boys did not give the girls any special advantage. So, she really had to hold her own. It was very good for her to be given the opportunity to be a little bit rougher as she played. She is so kind and gentle that it goes against her nature to be rough. It will be interesting to see how she competes this Fall season. The coaches were great! They were from England and Ireland. It took a couple of days to understand what they were saying through the thick accents, but the kids didn't mind. Here is a picture of my daughter with them, and also the award she got at the end of camp.


3 comments:
Can I just say... I love your Mom too! I'm glad you and the family are doing so well. Give everyone hugs for me. We miss you lots.
I am so glad you have your mom and that she blesses you in huge ways. I miss my mom terribly, in fact I have had soo many moments in the last week where life reminds me of my mom and the valuable things she taught me.
Michele, thanks for the comment..if your mom was anything like you, she was truely an amazing woman! Isn't God so good with all of the really important lessons that He teaches us through our parents?
Post a Comment