This past weekend, Dan and I were able to attend a conference in Idaho. I have to admit that it was not quite what I had expected, but never the less, it was still very informative. The conference was entitled "Strategic Perspectives Conference: Intel, Insight and Inspiration". It was hosted by the Koinonia House and we were able to see one of our favorite speakers Chuck Missler. We have been listening to his material for quite a few years now and find most of it very fascinating. We listened to people speak on quite a few different subjects, and all of them were extremely passionate about what they spoke on. My personal favorite speaker at the conference was a pastor from California named Steve Berger. He spoke about the church in Ephesus in the book of Revelation. It was such a great message because they were a church that had it all. They were doctrinally sound, morally upright, and were doing great works of service. Sounds like a perfect church, until you see the the grievance that God has against them. They had left their first Love! It was a sobering reminder that you may think that you have it all together spiritually because of what you "look" like, but really matters is your heart! I loved hearing that message. I have never ever thought that I had it all together spiritually, but I often times forget about the heart issue of loving God first because He first loved us! What a great truth.
So, after all was said and done, we both walked away very challenged to seek out answers scripturally as to what was said, especially with the last speaker, who was actually an ex PLO terrorist and had his own personal security guard with him. He was very interesting to listen to.
Our kiddos had a great weekend as well. They stayed with a couple of our good friends ( Thanks again Liz and Pam!). My daughter had her last soccer game of the year, and I was so bummed that I missed it. She scored 3 goals!!!! I was so proud of her!
It's good to be home and getting back to a normal routine again. (Is there really such a thing?)
Monday, October 27, 2008
Weekend Getaway and 3 Goals!!
Posted by Mama Ohs at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment