Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camping and Cows

It's amazing how fast just one week can fly by. I didn't realize that I haven't posted since last Monday. Last week flew by and I am literally shocked that tomorrow is Monday yet again. Where is the summer going?


We had a great week last week. The week started off by getting most of the house organized and ready to put up for sale, and then we went camping with some good friends of ours. What a treat. We had a great time and were sad when we had to return home Saturday evening. The weekend was filled with fellowship, food, fishing, lots of great memories, and even an emergency room trip. Yes, I know that just about every mom out there has had to make at least one emergency room trip for stitches in their child's head. It was my son's turn this weekend. He fell off the playground equipment and knocked his head on something. It gave him a pretty good goose egg as well as a cut that did it's fair share of bleeding. I had forgotten how bad head wounds bleed. Anyways, we made a short trip to the ER and he ended up with a couple of staples to hold the cut together and now he is as good as new. I was so thankful that my friend A. was there to help when all that craziness happened. She was super calm and really helped me to not overreact.
Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend.
Camping Kiddos














Fishing














Trying to start a fire, the castaway way.

On our way home, we stopped at a wonderful little place called Small World. The kids all took a ride on the cow train. The guy driving that crazy train was this little old man, who loved to put the pedal to the metal and give the kids a little thrill ride. It was comical to watch, and the kids had a great time.




Once again, we have been blessed by good friends. I am completely humbled by how God provides for our every need.

Tomorrow we are headed out to MT for a couple weeks. I can't wait to spend some good quality time with my parents and other family. God is so good!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

We are so blessed to call you friend! Hope you are having a great time in MT. Miss you already!!!

michele said...

Oh Kyla...stitches, not fun. We went through that with Willem in April I think it was. I am so glad you went camping with the Shaws. What fun!
I love to read your entries. God bless you friend! Michele