Friday, July 25, 2008

Views, Vacations, Tea Parties and Fire!

I am so excited that the counter on our blog has reached over 1000 views!! WoooHooo! Who would have ever guessed that it would have reached even 100?! Thanks everyone for taking time out to find out what is going on in our little corner of the world. It's kind of crazy to think about all that has happened since I started posting. Our lives have completely switched gears from plugging right along at a very comfortable pace, to one that is pretty much uncertain, but still good.


We are headed out again for a small weekend vacation with my husbands side of the family. I am so excited to spend time with them. My husband's oldest sister and husband have flown back from Kosovo and will be spending the weekend with us. This will be their last trip back to the USA for quite a while so it we are all looking forward to it. We will be going back and forth between Olympia and Mason Lake. Should be a good weekend and I will post all about it when we get back.
On another note, I LOVE MY KIDS!!!!! Oh man I love being a mom. Funny thing is, almost all of my friends really wanted to be a mom when they grew up. I just sent out one of those "get to know you better" emails and most all of the ones I got back answered the question of "what did you want to be when you grew up" with "a mom". I seriously really never thought about it. Isn't that wieid? So, now that I am a mom I am so glad. What a blessing. On Wednesday I was trying to get yard work done because of the cooler temperature and the kids were playing in the back yard. All of the sudden they come bursting through the front door and with these huge excited grins and invite me to their tea party. So, into the backyard I go and this is what I found!



Everything was perfect. They had coke for the tea and peanut butter cookies, along with a place card for everyone. There was even a beautiful bowl of grapes in the center of the table. I am so blessed!!

So, later that day, my husband comes home from work and decides to pick on me. He was starting up the BBQ when he decided to tease me with the lighter. He thinks it's very funny when he points it at me and then clicks on the flame near me. Well, as he was doing this I was filling up a glass of water from the fridge. He continued in his little game and I warned him to stop, but he didn't. So, guess where the entire glass of ice water ended up?

Yup, you guessed it. My kids were so impressed that I actually threw the entire glass at him! I guess I was too. Ohh, well. Now he knows.

2 comments:

michele said...

The tea party your kids planned for you is very sweet. Hope you are having a great day!

Hot Cross Bunns said...

Naudia Loves the Tea Party video. We've watched it about 10 times!