Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 2 in MT

I apologize for the lack of posting these past few weeks. I had full intentions of posting while we were in MT, but the days were full and I was just too tired at night to try and be creative. So, here I am on Sunday night trying to play catch up.


We arrived back home around 1:00am this morning and boy were we tired. It feels so good to be home though. We have not really been a family unit for the past two weeks with me and the kids in MT and my husband traveling all over the place from TX to MT back to TX to MN and finally back home. We did have a wonderful time these past 2 weeks.

Our second week in MT consisted of many great activities. On Monday we were able to go out to my aunt and uncle's home on the river and take a boat ride. It was an absolutely perfect temperature and the kids had a blast playing on a beach that we pulled off to. Don't ya love the sign behind them? The two kiddos next to mine are my cousins kids.



On Wednesday we were able to go and eat at a new restaurant in town called the Macaroni grill. The kids loved coloring on the table and the food was great. We followed that up by going to the movies. My dad took the kids to see Wall-e, and my mom and I saw Hancock. My mom was kind enough to go with me since I really did not want to watch Wall-e again. Hancock was good, but definitely not for kids. I really enjoy Will Smith's movies. This one, however, has pretty rough language in it, but I still liked it.

Thursday was such a fun day. I got to spend the afternoon with my good friend Tobi, (AKA - National Old Time Fiddler Champion! - sorry Tobi, I just had to throw it in there because I am so stinkin proud of you!) and then I took my daughter over to another friends house for some swimming. She loved it and it was fun to watch her confidence in swimming grow. She has really conquered some major hurdles this year. Going off the diving board, going down the slide, treading water, free style swimming and diving. It is miles from where she was at the beginning of last summer. My son on the other hand could really do without water as a whole. He hates getting it on his face and does not enjoy swimming very much. That's just fine with me, because it make my job keeping track of him at the pool much easier and safer.

That night we went to a Peter Pan play and it was great! The young man playing Peter was the son of some good friends of ours and the little boy playing Michael was Tobi's son. My uncles brother was also a pirate, so we felt like we practically knew the cast. It was very well done and my daughter absolutely loved it.

Friday we were able to enjoy some shopping time and then we went to the Country Club and listened to a blues band while we ate. The music was great, the food was good and the company couldn't have been any better. The kids had a blast dancing their hearts out to the band. I was really bummed that I didn't have my camera with me to video them, so just take my word for it that they were a hit.
On Saturday we drove to good old Butte, MT to see another good friend. We spent the afternoon with her and her beautiful little girl. We ate lunch and then played at a great old park. Check out this awesome cowboy swing. Bet you haven't seen one of these before!






The kids had a blast playing on all the different equipment and it was really good to catch up with my good friend.

We then headed out to Spokane to pick up my husband and then drove all the way home. What a day, what a week.....and I am so glad to be back home.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow...you did have a busy "vacation"! I am glad that you are back...just in time for me to leave..right? yep, i leave on thursday evening for four weeks in ohio. hard to believe the kenzie will be one when we return to ML.