Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 1 in MT

It's Monday.....again! I don't much care for Monday's because it is a reminder that I have not kept up with the blog!! We have had a crazy and wonderful week. Last Monday we took off for MT and had a very uneventful trip out here. We made the trip in about 9 hours and it really wasn't to bad. The kids were great and kept themselves busy for the most part. The rest of the week was spent relaxing at the pool, shopping and of course spoiling the kids papa and gamma style. I count it as one of the greatest blessings in my life, to have parents that love my children with a deep and unconditional love. At times I just sit down and think about how wonderful that is and I actually end up teary eyed at the fact that my kids will always have that concrete knowledge of family love. They will never doubt it as it is given freely!! We were at a little summer fair in Billings on Saturday and I saw a sign that said "I didn't do it, It's not my fault, I want to speak with my grandma!" That is pretty much how it is around gamma and papa's house. I love it! We spent the weekend in Billings looking around at different areas and getting familiar with the city. We were also blessed by spending time with my brother and sister in law as well as my little niece. We stopped by the local Harley Davidson dealership and looked at bikes with them. Here are a few pictures of it.








My mom and I and the kids stayed at my cousins new home. What a beautiful home they have. They were so gracious in letting us stay and my kids were able to meet and play with their second cousins that they have really never spent time with. They had so much fun. My daughter was especially enamoured with the beagle puppy that they had. I don't think that the puppy's feet were actually on the ground more than a couple of minutes the entire weekend. She held it, and mothered it the whole time! How cute is that? Who needs a babysitter when you have a new puppy? And, NO is the answer to whether or not we will be getting a new puppy for ourselves, just in case you were wondering. (could you hear me shouting the word "no"?) Right before we left the kids were using the slip and slide and loving it. Renee spent quite a while doing it, but Ryker didn't think it was all that great. He was more interested in the Pokemon trading cards. All in all it was a great weekend!


The first night that we were in Billings, we went out to eat at Olive Garden. It was soooo good! I just couldn't resist taking a pictures of the kiddos with my mom. They were all freezing, thus the arms tucked in the shirt and sharing sweaters.


We did get some sad news, though. My husbands grandmother passed away on Saturday. She was just a couple days shy of of her 94th birthday. He will be flying from Houston to Minnesota on Wednesday for the funeral on Thursday, and then back home on Saturday. It will be a very long week for him and his family. We would really appreciate your prayers during this time.

0 comments: