I have been slowly working my way through the book of John for a little while now, seeking out answers to questions that have been heavy on my heart. I wanted to share a few thoughts that have really moved me. If you haven't ever taken the time to read it, please do! John is one of those books of the Bible that really speaks to the heart issue of who Jesus was. I find myself in tears every time I read it. I wanted to share what one of the character profiles said about John (Life Application Study Bible);
"Being loved is the most powerful motivation in the world! Our ability to love is often shaped by our experience of love. We usually love others as we have been loved. Some of the greatest statements about God's loving nature were written by a man who experienced God's love in a unique way. John, Jesus' disciple, expressed his relationship to the Son of God by calling himself "the disciple whom Jesus loved" (John 21:20). Because his own experience of Jesus' love was so strong and personal, John was sensitive to those words and actions of Jesus that illustrated how the One who is love, loved others. Jesus knew John fully and loved him FULLY! Jesus confronts each of us as he confronted John. We cannot know the depth of Jesus' love unless we are willing to face the fact that he knows us completely. Otherwise, we are fooled into believing he must love the people we pretend to be, not the sinners we actually are. John and all the disciples convince us that God is able and willing to accept us as we are. Being aware of God's love is a great motivator for change. His love is not given in exchange for our efforts; his love frees us to really live. Have you accepted that love?"
One other foot note said, "Those who realize how much they are loved are able to love much".
Really good food for thought!!!
I don't think I've even scratched the surface in realizing how much God loves me. It's something that goes beyond my comprehension....that a holy and perfect God could love a utter sinner like me is hard for me to reconcile. I absolutely don't feel worthy....however, I know that my desire to love and please God, does please Him. And I will continue to search out any way that I can show God that I love Him! He knows my heart and my true intentions. He knows me to the very core of who I am...good and bad....and He still loves me! WOW....that's humbling!


1 comments:
Kyla,
What great insight and thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment